What is PPG? Are you Eligible?
What is PPG?
The government has allocated money to schools to help children from lower income families achieve to the best of their abilities. This funding is called a Pupil Premium Grant or PPG.
If you qualify, your child or children can receive free school meals and reduced costs towards some after school activities (e.g. Sports Clubs) or curriculum enrichment opportunities such as learning to play the violin or guitar. If you are registered for Pupil Premium, you will also get help with the cost of day trips and residential trips as the school can cover your Smarter Way to Pay contribution. You can also request financial help with the cost of your child's school uniform. This additional funding allows us to provide an even better education for your child through the purchase of additional resources or staff to support learning.
Are you Eligible?
You can register your child for Free School Meals and access to the Pupil Premium Grant funding if you receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
This funding is a fantastic way for your child or children to receive extra support. If you have any queries, please come in and speak to Mrs Keeler or Mrs Skelland. We are happy to support you through the application process and we will do so in the strictest confidence.
The following children are also eligible to receive PPG:
- Looked After Children (Children in Care)
- Children who have left Local Authority care because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order
- Children of Armed Services personnel
Please contact us if you think your child or children may be eligible.
Here is a copy of our current Pupil Premium Strategy and the previous Impact Statement covering the academic years 2018 to 2021: