The Winnersh Primary School Curriculum
Winnersh Primary School is committed to meeting the requirements of the National Curriculum for Primary Schools. The government site describing the curriculum can be found here.
We want our curriculum to inspire, empower, engage and excite everyone in our school community. Our curriculum will have purpose and meaning because we will focus on:
- providing children with first-hand learning experiences
- working as part of a team
- thinking creatively and critically
- investigating, enquiring and explaining
- opening children’s eyes to the ever-changing world around them
What Do We Hope To Achieve?
Through experiencing the curriculum at Winnersh, we hope that the children will be:
- confident and competent readers
- creative and purposeful writers
- challenged to extend their vocabulary
- logical and accurate mathematicians
- determined and resilient
- kind and considerate
- confident to share their point of view
- happy to be independent
- curious about the world
- enthusiastic performers of the arts
- positive representatives of the school
- able to use technology as a tool for life
- ready for secondary school
How Do We Make It Happen?
- We understand the needs of all our children.
- We provide a nurturing environment where children feel safe to try new things.
- Our timetable is adapted to meet the needs of our cross-curricular approach to teaching and learning.
- Our planning is well-sequenced to ensure the progression of skills.
- We help children to make links in their learning.
- We invest in resources that bring the curriculum to life.
- Our staff have good subject knowledge.
- Our staff are interested in developing our curriculum.
- We offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities and opportunities.
The curriculum is supported by our three key behaviours:
- Get involved
- Show respect
- Embrace change
For additional information about the curriculum, please speak to your child's Class Teacher or email email@example.com