We really do value the support of the many parents and friends of the school who help in the classrooms and with jobs around the school. Many of the activities that the children currently enjoy would not be possible without this voluntary help.
If you are already on our list of helpers, we will contact you at the start of each year to ask if you are still able to help. For parents who have not previously helped in school, there are many different ways to get involved:
- Help with changing reading books/listening to children read (we are especially keen to hear from parents who would enjoy supporting children in Years 4-6)
- Extra-curricular activities such as helping out with clubs at lunchtime or after school
- Assisting with curriculum enrichment activities such as special activity weeks
- Accompanying occasional school visits and trips
- Sharing a special talent or skill (helping with jobs around the school, coming to talk to children in assembly etc.
Adults helping in school are always under the supervision of a teacher who will explain the task, what is required of the children and the helper’s role within that setting. Prior to volunteering, parents will need to participate in an introductory session, sign a confidentiality agreement and have a valid DBS check (organised by the school).
If you are interested in helping on a regular or occasional basis, please leave your details at Reception or email Mrs Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org We will then contact you to discuss current opportunities.