Welcome to Year 2
We have two classes - Amber and Sunset
We have two classes called Amber and Sunset. The teachers are Miss Moore and Mrs Simpson. Working alongside the classes as Learning Support Assistants are Miss Barclay and Mrs Winspur.
We will be teaching six main topics this year. Each will start with a ‘Big Bang’ to excite the children for the learning to come and will end with a celebration of their achievements. This may be sharing work with another year group, a celebration class assembly or a special event.
We will endeavor to change your child’s reading book three times a week. There may be occasions when the books are not changed. If this happens here are some ideas of what you could do at home instead:
- re-read the book that they have been given
- write a book review about the text
- write about one of the characters (if it is a story) encouraging them to use adjectives
- respond in writing to comprehension questions that you have asked e.g. Why do you think Goldilocks broke into the Three Bears house?
- Read a book from your home library or on the computer
Each class will have two PE sessions a week which will be on Wednesdays and Fridays. One of these sessions will be outside so your child will need trainers and warm clothing such as a track suit.
Homework will be posted on Google Classroom on a Friday each week and should be completed by the following Thursday.
To help the children practise their maths skills they will take part in the ‘Buzz Time’ challenge every Wednesday. They will be challenged on number bonds and times tables.